What Laughter Yoga can do for your business
Laughter Yoga is a global phenomenon being practiced in over 72 countries, successfully. It is a powerful tool helping business people reduce workplace stress and creates happy and energetic workforce.
Developed by Indian physician, Dr. Madan Kataria in 1995, it is a breakthrough laughter delivery system where anyone can laugh and practice laughter as a group exercise without relying on humor, jokes or comedy.
How Laughter Yoga Works: With prolonged Intentional laughter one can exhale more carbon dioxide which oxygenates each and every cell of the body and brain. This improves efficiency, mental focus and concentration.
BBC and Google Offices are using it, Oprah Winfrey has tried and said it works, British actor John Cleese endorsed it. This innovative concept has been widely accepted all over the world and has been written about in prestigious publications like TIME Magazine, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Wall Street Journal, Daily Telegraph and many others.
Unique Features Of Laughter Yoga In Business
- Cost-effective and less time consuming.
- Reduces stress instantaneously & one can feel the benefits from the very first session.
- Scientifically proven with measureable results.
- Easy to practice, anyone can do it.
Scientifically Proven Benefits
Clinical research conducted at Bangalore, India and in the United States has proved that Laughter lowers the level of stress hormones (epinephrine, cortisol, etc) in the blood.
Another important 2007 study in the United States looked at the effects of Laughter Yoga on personal efficacy in the workplace.
Seven Compelling Reasons to bring Laughter Yoga to Your Organisation
- Quickest way to Reduce Stress: Though there are many methods being used to reduce stress, Laughter Yoga is the quickest and one can feel the benefits from the very first session. Laughter Yoga a single exercise which reduces physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously and brings an emotional balance. It increases positive emotions and decreases negative emotions. Even highly talented and skilled employees cannot perform well if they are emotionally disturbed.
- Healthy Exercise for Busy People: Laughter Yoga works like an aerobic exercise without sweating. Dr. Williams Fry of Stanford University proved that 10 minutes of hearty laughter is equal to 30 minutes on the rowing machine. This helps to stimulate heart rate, increase blood circulation, supply oxygen and remove waste products.
- Peak Performance: At a given time, the performance depends upon mood and Laughter Yoga has the power to change the mood state within minutes by releasing neuro-peptides from the brain cells called endorphins. Science tells us that the brain needs 25% more oxygen than other body organs. Laughter Yoga increases the net supply of oxygen which helps in optimal performance and boosts energy levels.
- Team Building: ‘People who laugh together work together.’Laughter Yoga is a powerful tool that connects people easily with each other. It also helps to develop a positive mental attitude, hope and optimism and increases communication skills to help in teambuilding.
- Motivation And Communication: For people working in front office and sales and marketing, Laughter Yoga helps to bring a smile on their face and generate good feelings within the body. This enhances their communication and motivational skills thus increasing their client base and customer satisfaction.
- Innovation And Creativity: The childlike playfulness in Laughter Yoga stimulates the right brain activity, which is the seat of creativity. This helps generate new ideas and new insights about workplace issues and problems. As one needs to introduce new ideas and constant innovation to stay ahead in this highly competitive market, Laughter Yoga helps people become more creative and innovative.
- Increases Attention Span in HR Trainings: Human brain cannot concentrate for more than 90 minutes after which the attention span reduces. Even a 5-10 minute Laughter Yoga session can provide a great energy boost during long HR training sessions and conferences. It helps to increase the attention span, enhance learning skills, concentration powers and potential.